Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!)

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!)

Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!) is something that I've loved my entire life.

Many things affect the quality of taste from Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don't worry if you want to prepare Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.

To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!) using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.

If you want a thicker Gumbo use more flour and oil to make more roux.

I add in a few boiled eggs about half an hour before it's done.

If you've been to New Orleans this is similar to the Gumbo you'll find there with a bit of a difference. This is an authentic Cajun Gumbo recipe. Down here we serve it with potato salad. Sprinkle a little Gumbo filé on top for an even better cajun experience. Sometimes we add shrimp (small size) or ham (especially when I have leftovers from a baked ham). Also, if you're not familiar with making a roux you can buy it pre made in light or dark. Always use dark for this. I suggest making it yourself. You might not get it quite right the first time or two but it's worth it to learn.

Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!):

  1. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  2. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  3. 3 stalks celery
  4. 1 green bell pepper
  5. 1 onion
  6. 2 lb White meat chicken
  7. 1 packages smoked sausage
  8. salt
  9. pepper
  10. 4 cup water

Instructions to make to make Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!)

  1. Boil chicken in water until cooked.
  2. Remove chicken. Save broth from chicken.
  3. Pull chicken apart into shredded pieces or chunks removing any fat or tendons. Set aside.
  4. Dice vegetables. Set aside.
  5. Chop sausage. Set aside.
  6. In large pot pour in vegetable oil. Heat on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
  7. Pour flour in with oil and stir. You may need to add a bit more flour. You want it to have the consistency of a thin paste.
  8. Constantly stir scraping bottom of pot. Do this until roux is very dark. About the color of brown gravy but darker. The stirring and scraping are very important. If you let it sit too long you'll burn the roux.
  9. Once roux is darkened add your vegetables. Stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
  10. Pour broth from chicken into pot. The roux will look like it's not mixing. Don't worry. As you cook it it will mix in evenly.
  11. Add chicken and sausage. Add more water if needed to cover all ingredients plus some (real Gumbo is thin and watery, not thick). Probably another 2 or 3 cups.
  12. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
  13. Serve over rice.
  14. Season to taste.

As your experience and also self-confidence grows, you will locate that you have extra natural control over your diet plan and adjust your diet to your individual tastes with time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that uses fewer or even more ingredients or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make basic modifications to accomplish this objective. In other words, start making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental cooking abilities for novices you don't need to discover them yet only if you grasp some straightforward food preparation methods.

This isn't a complete overview to fast as well as easy lunch recipes yet its good food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty dishes for your family without doing too many square meals on your journey.

So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Homemade Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (as taught to me by my FRENCH CAJUN grandma!). Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean bbq Chicken with Shiitake mushrooms

Green bean chicken

Sumac Chicken with Lime and Cilantro